Purity & Identification
Before purchasing the Rudraksha bead, it should be kept in mind.
- Some of the fake Rudraksha are complete by carving extra lines in lower Mukhi beads to get the rare and expensive higher Mukhi beads.
- 5 Mukhi Rudraksha are easily found in nature and in rich amount.
- The 2,3,4,6 and 7 Mukhis Rudraksha is found richly hence no much costly.
- 1 Mukhi Rudraksha in round variety has never been found till date and is thus a myth.
- Half Moon of One Mukhi Rudraksha is genuine and their price is low.
Methods for Identification of Real Rudraksha.
- Water Test
Boil it for some hours; if it is a real Rudraksh then it will not have any effect on rudraksh bead. If it is synthetic or two Rudrakshs are joined together synthetically (in case of Gauri shanker bead), they will get divided.
- Cut Test
It is most reliable methods and for this cut the Rudraksha bead horizontally. When it will be cut one can find the same number of section as the number of lines. If it is not then drawback of this method is that bead gets damaged.
- Compound Microscope Test
for detailed microscopic examination of Rudraksha.
- Digital X-ray Report
for observing the internal structure of the Rudraksha bead.